While you're staying at home, here's a recipe to try out from Jester King Kitchen's Executive Chef Damien Brockway! It's for strawberry pancakes with Chantilly cream. We have fresh, Texas-grown strawberries available at our Country Store, open 7 days a week from 12-8pm for contactless curbside pickup. Call 512-661-8736 or order online (https://www.toasttab.com/jesterkingbrewery/v3).
Yield: 4 Servings
Total Preparation and Cook Time: 30 min
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- .25 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- Heat a large skillet over low to medium heat. In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and butter.
- Gently stir the wet mixture into the dry ingredients, mix only enough to fully moisten the flour; there may be a few lumps.
- Gently fold in the sliced strawberries.
- Place a teaspoon of butter into the skillet. Once the butter foams, ladle the batter into the skillet, making pancakes of the desired size. Adjust the heat as necessary to achieve even brownness.
- Flip the pancakes after bubbles rise to the surface after 2 to 4 minutes.
- Cook until the second side is sufficiently browned. Serve with a dollop of Chantilly cream.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, whisk all the ingredients at high speed until soft peaks are formed.
- Use as desired