On Sunday, January 19th from 2pm to 4pm at Jester King, we're very excited to partner with our friends from Dune Brothers Seafood in Providence, Rhode Island for a New England Style Clam Bake!
Our talented kitchen team at Jester King, led by Executive Chef Damien Brockway, will collaborate with Chefs/Owners Jason Hegedus and Nicholas Gillespie of Dune Brothers for a special menu featuring sustainable, traceable New England seafood paired with Jester King beer!
Here is the menu and pairings:
- Little Necks
- Traditional & Non-Traditional Accoutrement
- Paired with Jester King Le Petit Prince
- Clam Cakes and Remoulade
- Portuguese Style Squid Stew
- Salt Baked Fish and Dip Served With Crackers & Sourdough
- Paired with Jester King Lagered Farmhouse Beer and Snörkel
- Steamers, Mussels, Little Necks, Rockweed, Sausage
- Whole Roasted fish
- Connecticut Style White Clam Pizza
- Paired with Jester King / Yazoo Kviek IPA and Jester King / Live Oak Kollaborationsbier
- Oven roasted potatoes, black garlic mayo, bonito
- Pickled beets, Smoked eggs, and vinaigrette
- Salt baked turnips, molasses drizzle, lemon zest
- Squid, and citrus salad
- Simple greens and herb salad
- Corn bread
- Assorted Sweets
- Paired with Jester King Mr. Mingo
The Clam Bake is "festival-style" with guests free to move about and experience all the dishes and pairings from various stations. It will be held in the pasture adjacent to Jester King Kitchen. In the event of inclement weather, the Clam Bake will be held under the cover of Jester King Hall, our private event space.
60 tickets are available. The tickets are all-inclusive and cost $70 per person (excluding ticket fees).
About Dune Brothers:
Dune Brothers is the product of two long time friends who share the same passion for the food and culture of where they grew up in coastal New England. Owners Jason Hegedus and Nicholas Gillespie first thought of the concept while living in Portland, Oregon and reminiscing about the fish shacks that they would visit as children. After sharing memories about their childhoods spent on the beaches of Cape Cod and southern RI, Jason and Nicholas teamed up for a series of successful pop-up dinners featuring reimagined fish shack favorites. They quickly fell in love with the concept and knew that they had to share it with the public. The two decided to move back East and bring their ideas home to a place they are both passionate about. Combining years of kitchen experience and knowledge from renowned restaurants in Boston, New York, and Portland, OR, Dune Brothers brings a chef-driven, dock-to-dish approach to Rhode Island.
Dune Brothers sources from the water and earth of New England, forging relationships with fishermen and farmers that are equally passionate about our coast. The goal is to create a stable market relationship between fishermen, chefs and consumers by creating awareness of our local fisheries with our food and the interactions at our tables.