Saturday, September 14, 2013 is Zwanze Day at Jester King! Zwanze day is a special day in which Brasserie Cantillon in Brussels, Belgium releases a rare beer at only forty-six locations around the world. Jester King is extremely pleased and honored to have been selected as one of the locations this year! For Zwanze 2013, Cantillon was inspired by the Abbey brewing tradition in Belgium. You can read a full description of the inspiration and process behind the beer here.
As far as how Zwanze Day 2013 will work at Jester King, due to the legal and regulatory constraints we face in Texas, samples of Zwanze 2013 will be 100% free. However, because we are only receiving a single 30 liter keg, we will have to limit the number of free samples we can share. We will be having a random drawing of names for the free samples. If you’d like to enter your name in the drawing, please read the information below:
• Follow the link below and enter your information on or before September 2, 2013. All fields must be completed.
• On September 3rd, 2013, we will select 150 names at random to receive a 4oz. free sample of Zwanze 2013. At that time, you will be notified via email as to whether your name was drawn.
• You must be 21 or older to enter.
• You may only submit one entry. If you submit more than one, all of your entries will be deleted, and you will not be eligible to receive a free sample.
• You must be present at the brewery between 12pm and 4pm on Saturday, September 14 to receive your free sample. You must present a valid photo ID, and your name and date of birth must match those on the entry form.
• Samples are non-transferrable. If your name is drawn and you cannot be present at the brewery on September 14, 2013 to claim your sample, please let us know so that we can draw another name.
• Samples will only be given out to individuals whose names were selected in the drawing. No exceptions.
• Commemorative Zwanze 2013 glassware and t-shirts will be available for purchase. Your name does not need to have been selected in the drawing in order to purchase commemorative glassware and/or t-shirs.
Although you must have your name selected in the drawing to receive a free sample of Zwanze 2013, you do not need to have won the drawing to visit Jester King on September 14th. Zwanze Day 2013 is not a private event. We’ll still be hosting our usual tasting room hours and tours on the 14th from noon to 6pm with a full range of Jester King beers available for purchase, live music, and wood-fired pizza for sale next door at Stanley’s Farmhouse Pizza. If that sounds good to you, then please come on out and join us!